Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Collaboration -User Poll
I think we may need a report this post button
I think we may need a report this post button
(22-10-2013, 08:16 PM)Motty Wrote: I think we may need a report this post button

Do you not have the "report" button on the bottom right of a given post? (See picture in the attachment).
.png   Report.png (Size: 31.13 KB / Downloads: 6)

Peter
Yes this function is used quite a bit; I am grateful for those who do draw attention to such posts- whereas I normally catch the undesirables myself pretty quick, it can certainly help stop some being missed whilst my eye isn't on the ball (as there are other things to do in life...).

What we really need is the functionality that $10 is automatically deducted
from the offender's bank account on each occasion just to make up for the time and effort that then needs to be expended.......

I guess that over the years as many "users" have made invalid posts as have actually made valid ones- I have no tolerance anymore and one offence now leads to a permanent ban being imposed for that "user" and some persistent offenders have needed more drastic solutions to be adopted.

I have actually quite often wondered whether the default should be set for new users to "moderate all posts" until they have proved to be bone fide- but have always been reluctant to do anything that might deter valid use. Many register quite a while before actually posting and one can often have a pretty shrewd guess from their bio entry etc that they aren't, and have no interest in being, railway signal engineers and for these "users" I have started restricting their ability and so do catch their subsequent attempt from appearing at all. It is though a drain on my time that I resent.

(22-10-2013, 08:51 PM)Peter Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 08:16 PM)Motty Wrote: I think we may need a report this post button

Do you not have the "report" button on the bottom right of a given post? (See picture in the attachment).

Peter
PJW