Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold the dates 2017
Will be interesting to see the turn out for both events. They seem a little close in date and location.
Le coureur
My concern is that school term has finished (in my area) by 15th July, but the fact is you can't "win" so Study Days will be held when and where volunteers are available and willing.

My thanks and encouragement to those who are organising, leading and sponsoring.
(02-05-2017, 08:30 AM)dorothy.pipet Wrote: My concern is that school term has finished (in my area) by 15th July, but the fact is you can't "win" so Study Days will be held when and where volunteers are available and willing.

My thanks and encouragement to those who are organising, leading and sponsoring.

Indeed we'd have liked to have been earlier but now that it has missed the traditional March / April slot (partly a knock-on the exam results publication of course) and the need to avoid the weeks immediately prior to Signet event, holidays, commissionings etc. that's when its got to be
PJW
(02-05-2017, 08:12 AM)Jerry1237 Wrote: Will be interesting to see the turn out for both events. They seem a little close in date and location.

Different modules though.  Certainly closer to each other than I'd like, but "we are where we are", can't wind back time and any later would be in peak holiday season and too close to the exam.  We come back to the need somehow to getting the exam results published before Christmas, or at the latest in early January though I admit that the YM's could have been quicker off the mark a well!

Alternatively be a bit radical and put the exam back to say mid November. With the exam currently in early October and the numbers involved I understand why the examiners are not able to meet the December Council date for presenting the results, then with the Christmas break there is little extra time to January and so it slips to February Council. However it then definitely shouldn't take nearly another month to get the results to the candidates!
With exam in mid November I think could still get the results out to candidates in March and as a bonus there would still be a decent time after people's summer holidays to brush up ready for the exam.  The examiners would still be able to look at the papers if they wanted if having a long break from work at the turn of the year but would still have a chunk of time afterwards should they not want to do that.
PJW
Is the answer to get the study weekend dates fixed in the diary well in advance - before leaving this year's event?

I suggest: Propose a date a year before, review it in February (is it still convenient for enough people), then get on with planning and publicity.