Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 paper Q3
This was a quick combined effort for Mod 7 2017 paper, Q3. Please provide feedback if you can

Regards

TF

Attached Files
.docx   MOD 7 Q3 2017 paper attempt.docx (Size: 31.62 KB / Downloads: 17)
Afternoon TF,

There's some good stuff here.

One the first part of the question there's a good approach to the marking structure. DMI, level crossing and signalling assets all look good to me from a signalling perspective but linking these to human factors issues such as distraction, competency, behaviours- especially errors and rule breaking (conscious or unconscious), ergonomics, manual handling, etc would increase your marks. I would have provided a better explanation of a signallers workstation/panel and the various ergonomics constraints (workload, control area, alarms, processes, resets etc).

Second part of the question, you've ticked off some major topics in human factors such as concentration, sighting, audible distractions, etc, which is good. The second bullet I think could be revised as it isn't necessarily clear what you mean- referring to modes of operation is a good starting point, if you went on (for example) to discuss the differences between supervised mode and staff responsible mode and the associated human factors impact in concentration that could be beneficial. You could try to link the DMI issue to a human factors issue you are aware of. You refer to AWS which is good, what about fatigue or lack of responses from a driver to a prompt from the DMI? How could the system intervene? Consider user centred-design.

Hope that helps
Again some great feedback that will be so useful for myself and anyone who happens to be browsing-thankyou