Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 paper Q6
Hi all, 
Please provide some feedback to our mini IRSE groups joint attempt on Q6 from 2019.

Not long now

Attached Files
.docx   Mod 7 2019.docx (Size: 41.62 KB / Downloads: 15)
tfly86 Wrote:Hi all, 
Please provide some feedback to our mini IRSE groups joint attempt on Q6 from 2019.

Not long now
Morning,

Overall, well done- I think theres good stuff in here and you would have got a reasonably marked question.

I like your answer to part a), other things to consider would be integration with existing systems (as per your assumption), EMC, sighting (you reference this in limited space) and testing requirements of the retrofitted rolling stock (for example would a bespoke test track be required?).

b) Odometry is a good entry, I think you could have mentioned the DMI and EVC.

c) The paper is giving a bit of a hint here when it refers to the existing pieces of railway, I think this is less referring to typical ETCS/ETCS interfaces and more ETCS/conventional interfaces. You have mentioned elsewhere in the question response TPWS/AWS- thats one thing to consider. How do signals interface with the rolling stock in L1? What constraints may we have with balise positioning and why do we need balise in certain locations in L1? Transitional areas is a good part of this response.

d) I like the structure of the answer. Couple of pedantic points- when you refer to the lineside signage, I would refer to stop markers and the positioning requirements as well. Odometry system- state doppler and tachograph to show you know what both systems are. This part of the question would be aided by your inclusion of the driver machine interface in part b, then you could talk about additional driver errors such as failing to respond to a braking requirement or speed change and sighting with existing signalling.