IRSE Exam Forum
PAST PAPERS PLEASE - Printable Version

+- IRSE Exam Forum (https://irseexam.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Study Packs and other exam material (https://irseexam.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Past Papers (https://irseexam.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=165)
+--- Thread: PAST PAPERS PLEASE (/showthread.php?tid=13)

Pages: 1 2

PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 27-01-2008

I am trying to gather together a complete collection of IRSE Past Papers, at least for the last 10 years in electronic (soft) format. For the most recent years I have pdf versions but for earlier years I have had to scan from paper copies- the layout diagrams for modules 2 and 3 are in a miscellany of picture formats such jpg, whilst the written papers have generally been OCR

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 27-01-2008

Trying again to attach file!
Wedsite seems to object to Excel; trying Word

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - Jerry1237 - 30-01-2008

Have you tried the Australians? Their CD/DVD of past papers I believe goes upto 2002 and they are likely collating the next set.

Jerry

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 30-01-2008

Jerry1237 Wrote:Have you tried the Australians? Their CD/DVD of past papers I believe goes upto 2002 and they are likely collating the next set.

Jerry

The Australians have done an excellent job of ccollating the Technical Papers presented at the London meetings (and some others) since 1913 and indeed are well advanced at doing the same for past editions of IRSE News.
What I am after is the Past Exam question papers and as far as I know I probably already have the best collecion (certainly much better than IRSE HQ!) Thnks for identifying that perhaps I did not make this clear enough.

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - Jerry1237 - 31-01-2008

PJW Wrote:
Jerry1237 Wrote:Have you tried the Australians? Their CD/DVD of past papers I believe goes upto 2002 and they are likely collating the next set.

Jerry

The Australians have done an excellent job of ccollating the Technical Papers presented at the London meetings (and some others) since 1913 and indeed are well advanced at doing the same for past editions of IRSE News.
What I am after is the Past Exam question papers and as far as I know I probably already have the best collecion (certainly much better than IRSE HQ!) Thnks for identifying that perhaps I did not make this clear enough.

I thought they had or were doing exam papers too? Maybe it is my addled brain not working. I'll check with Daniel and/or the office.

Jerry

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 01-02-2008

Please do. I'll be really annoyed if they are as someone somewhere has wasted time better spent on other things. Certainly the mod 2 examiners and Christine White seemed unaware as they have been digging out within the past few weeks paper copies of the layout diagrams for me to scan on roll scanner at Reading

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - ieemsam - 25-11-2008

I want to d/l the past papers, but it seems that all been deleted. would you please u/l them again?!!! many thanks!!!!!!!!

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 25-11-2008

ieemsam Wrote:I want to d/l the past papers, but it seems that all been deleted. would you please u/l them again?!!! many thanks!!!!!!!!

Sorry! Can't.
I do have a collection of papers but we do not have the IRSE's permission to load them here.
The official view is that they are now available "free" when registering to sit the exam and for those wanting a sample before so doing can purchase in paper form from the IRSE. Some might see this as just "money making" but I think this policy is partially motivated by not wishing to make "publicly available" to anyone.

Obviously download is indeed restricted to those who have registered, but to have any chance to "win the argument" we'd probably have to insist on IRSE membership number for a person to register on the site; it seems like most prefer complete anonymity so that wouldn't work.

Most Study Groups do actually have a selection; however I guess from your configuration of "local time" that you are not UK based so this may not be an option for you I am afraid as there are few Study Groups abroad (and indeed the ones in the UK are not as healthy as they should be).

Do look around this site though because some students have included the wording of the question in their answer.
In particular for module 1, look at:
module 1

Also I have posted a mock module 3 paper (some of the questions are pretty similar but not identical to official IRSE ones):
module 3

Perhaps if enough UK students attended the exam review in January and made the point about availability of exam papers well enough, then the exam committee may be in a better position to put pressure on the IRSE corporate. I believe that the people who actually write the papers and then mark the answer wouldn't generally object to publication, Peter tells me that he'd be happy to put papers on his website for download, but I am sure that you understand that we do need to respect the IRSE's policy. The best way to get change is to demonstrate demand and that must come from the "body of students"

NOTE THAT 2008 Papers are currently available for download at:
http://www.irse.org/IRSEExam.html

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - PJW - 25-11-2008

ieemsam Wrote:I want to d/l the past papers, but it seems that all been deleted. would you please u/l them again?!!! many thanks!!!!!!!!

I've now realised why you think they were available to download; the attached table in my original post does indeed have hyperlinks (because I do have on a computer from which I can retrieve), but sadly you can't - though if CCMS means anything to anyone .......)

What I feel I can do is post the mock papers I used for my Study Groups in 2007. These are only for modules 1, 2 (text only), 3 (text only), 5; it'll give you a pretty reasonable impression without actually being real papers so about as close to the wire as we can get as things stand.

RE: PAST PAPERS PLEASE - ieemsam - 01-12-2008

Yes, im out of UK and cant join those study grps. really really thx for your help!!