IRSE Exam Forum
2010 Aspect Sequence - Printable Version

+- IRSE Exam Forum (https://irseexam.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MODULES (https://irseexam.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Module 3 (https://irseexam.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Aspect Sequence (https://irseexam.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: 2010 Aspect Sequence (/showthread.php?tid=857)

Pages: 1 2 3

2010 Aspect Sequence - SARVESH KUMAR - 29-07-2011

PJW,
kindly check the aspect sequence chart of IRSE2010 of module-3 and inform to me defficency
with regards
Sarvesh kumar

RE: CT Format- IRSE Recommended - PJW - 29-07-2011

Someone else may be able to feedback prior, but I won't be able to do until next week; we are running a training event this weekend for mod2/3 students in Derby so that will take all my available time for next few days.

Also I'll move this latest post from this thread into the Aspect Sequence subforum of Module 3, since that will be a better home (no one else has yet given a response for the 2010 exam so it will be a useful contribution).

I'ver noticed it is in Excel which is fine and gives a clear presentation; just remember though to practice physically drawing as per exam conditions!

(29-07-2011, 07:50 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: PJW,
kindly check the aspect sequence chart of IRSE2010 of module-3 and inform to me defficency
with regards
Sarvesh kumar

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - Peter - 29-07-2011

(29-07-2011, 07:50 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: PJW,
with regards
Sarvesh kumar

The question asks for all routes and classes of route.

You have missed the fact that there is a flashing aspect sequence on 103/105/107.
Missing the flashing aspect means that you have omitted the conditions for release of the junction signal when the route is not set early enough.
You have missed all of the routes (main and call on and the associated indicators) into the bay.
111 has both a full and restricted overlap.
In the box for 107, you have identified that the A route to 121 requires a JI, but you have not specified what position JI.
Not sure why you have shown lines from 107 to 111 as dotted. Dotted lines are normally used for delayed conditions.

The very basic details that you have put for the simple signals are correct, but with so much omitted, this would not have earned you many marks.

2010 Aspect Sequence - SARVESH KUMAR - 11-08-2011

Sir,
plaese check again aspect sequence chart of module-3 of IRSE 10

With regards
sarvesh kumar

2010 Aspect Sequence - PJW - 11-08-2011

No problem we'll look at this and the other things you have posted.

One request though. It makes it much easier for us and others to find things if the post is made in the most appropriate place. We have arranged the module 3 so that the Control Table attempts are filed "per year" and similarly the aspect sequence attempts filed in a separate area. Therefore an attempt at a particular year's layout is best added to an existing thread for that year if it exists, or a new thread created for that year if it does not.

If you post a new attempt in a thread with a different name to its contents, it does make it harder for us now and less useful to others in the future; although we can sort out the filing it does takes time to separate the thread and file appropriately- that time would be more usefully spent in actually looking at and commenting!

(11-08-2011, 08:32 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: PIW,

Please check the my DN aspect sequence chart for IRSE 2004 layout-3 module -3

with regards
Sarvesh kumar

(03-08-2011, 09:56 PM)Peter Wrote: Hi

While your presentation may appear to be neat by doing it in excel, it is practically impossible to tell where some of the lines are supposed to go.......

Have a go again with a more suitable presentation .

Peter

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - SARVESH KUMAR - 12-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 10:45 PM)PJW Wrote: No problem we'll look at this and the other things you have posted.....

(11-08-2011, 08:32 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 09:56 PM)Peter Wrote:
(30-07-2011, 08:58 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: PIW,

Please check the my DN aspect sequence chart for IRSE 2004 layout-3 module -3

with regards
Sarvesh kumar

Hi

While your presentation may appear to be neat by doing it in excel, it is practically impossible to tell where some of the lines are supposed to go eg. the line that comes from 123 Y joins up with 127 Y and crosses all of those between 125 and 147 with no distinguishable difference between where nodes connect and where the lines simple cross. This means that although I can say that the intent of the diagram in this area (and others) is reasonable, I cannot say much more than that......

There are a couple of specific omissions on the plan.......

Have a go again with a more suitable presentation .

Peter

Sir,

With regards
sarvesh kumar

Respected sir,

which marks obtained form 75 for passing module-3
please reply

with regards
sarvesh kumar

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - Peter - 12-08-2011

I am a bit confused. You posted an attempt (albeit not in the most appropriate place but this has been moved) and there were comments provided here. If you have made a further attempt at the 2010 chart, can you please post it again?

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - Peter - 12-08-2011

(12-08-2011, 09:58 AM)Peter Wrote: I am a bit confused. You posted an attempt (albeit not in the most appropriate place but this has been moved) and there were comments provided here. If you have made a further attempt at the 2010 chart, can you please post it again?

Ah, I have managed to find your revised attempt at the 2010 chart, filed under 2004! I have moved it to this thread (above)

(11-08-2011, 08:32 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: Sir,

With regards
sarvesh kumar

You have gone the other way on the flashing aspect now - you have only shown the flashing sequence. I suggest you do some research into the conditions that must be present for the flashing sequence to be given (ie train not beyond signal to show FY whent the route it set) and what the aspect sequence becomes when flashing sequence not initiated (reverts to MAR).

You appear to have shown some release controls for the route into the bay but have shown the route being given with R+MI - the signal would need to show a proceed aspect.

The release condition for the Y up to R+ROL (107 to 111) is not shown correctly - it should come from the line up to the R for 107 and give the TC occupation conditions. There should be two entries on 111 for R, one with OL and one with ROL.

The release conditions for the route to 121 appear to be shown the wrong side of 107 - the train will approach 107 at R and when the release condition is satisfied, 107 will step to the correct aspect for the signal ahead.

I hope these comments are helpful in pointing you to areas to look at. Please let us know any further queries or post further attempts, but please make sure that you post in the relevant thread so that we can find them easily!

Peter
Hop

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - PJW - 12-08-2011

Module 3, like all papers from 2011 except I think module 2, will be marked out of a total of 75. The pass mark is broadly 50%, but the examiners say that they do consider overall rather than purely mechnical adding of lots of separate scores. However you do need to be scoring at least 13 or 14 marks per question to be confident of obtaining a Pass.

I am afraid that as Peter said, there was not much certainty re what you meant in your first attempt and you had also overlooked some significant things, so I guess you would have scored less than 5 marks for that attempt.

I don't think that we have quite got the filing sorted out yet; the link Peter placed to the one that couldn't be found but he said he had moved to "higher up the thread" doesn't take me anywhere other than an error message.......

(12-08-2011, 09:19 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: Respected sir,

which marks obtained form 75 for passing module-3
please reply

with regards
sarvesh kumar

RE: 2010 Aspect Sequence - PJW - 12-08-2011

Suggest you look at previous examples here and also the Study DVD in the MODULE 2 portion because for historic reasns that is where all the aspet sequence relevant information resides.

In particular on this website look at flashing aspects

(12-08-2011, 01:49 PM)Peter Wrote:
(12-08-2011, 09:58 AM)Peter Wrote: I am a bit confused. You posted an attempt (albeit not in the most appropriate place but this has been moved) and there were comments provided here. If you have made a further attempt at the 2010 chart, can you please post it again?

Ah, I have managed to find your revised attempt at the 2010 chart, filed under 2004! I have moved it to this thread (above)

(11-08-2011, 08:32 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: Sir,

With regards
sarvesh kumar

You have gone the other way on the flashing aspect now - you have only shown the flashing sequence. I suggest you do some research into the conditions that must be present for the flashing sequence to be given (ie train not beyond signal to show FY whent the route it set) and what the aspect sequence becomes when flashing sequence not initiated (reverts to MAR)........

Peter
Hop