Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans for 2012
Subject to being able to arrange suitable sponsorship and support, this year we are aiming to offer:
Module 1/7 Study Day, London, perhaps 31st March
Module 2&5 Study Weekend, Derby, probably 14/15th July
Module 5 metro training centre day, London, possibly 8th Sept
Module 1 event and visit weekend, Belfast, possibly August
PJW
I'd be very interested in the Mod 1/7 event...... Is it likely to be held on a weekend? Just, if it is my chances of getting there (financially and domestically) are somewhat slim.

Thanks
Yes because the chances of being able to arrange on a weekday is slim.
Conversely it may be that the mod 5 event will have to be on a midweek day as that may be the only practicable opportunity of using the facility. We had to do this some years ago to use the NR signaller school at Watford and many were unable to attend; just can't suit everybody!

(28-01-2012, 06:28 PM)pieman31 Wrote: I'd be very interested in the Mod 1/7 event...... Is it likely to be held on a weekend? Just, if it is my chances of getting there (financially and domestically) are somewhat slim.

Thanks

PJW
Makes sense. I'll just have to test the goodwill of my boss and wife Smile
PJW,

Is there is an opportunity for support of a M1/7 or M5 event in the Midlands?
Le coureur
Possibly, although we'd need first to establish that there is a demand. Last year we held at NR's S&T training centre at Walsall and for some reason we don't know, was not at all popular.

Indeed we changed it from being pure exam related to try to increase uptake; even so we very nearly cancelled. Someone flew in from Belfast, others travelled up from Swindon and about half the attendance came from metro staff based inLondon but I don't remember having any significant number (if any) of locals. Hence on that basis trying to run an event in London on a metro theme would seem the more sensible approach.

So we would need:
a) to know there is a demand,
b) find a facility to use,
c) find a sponsor,
d) find a local organiser.

I'd be perfectly happy to use Walsall again and I think they would also welcome us back, previously GM Rail and Catalis have hosted and sponsored so that probably isn't the major problem.

So are there any based in the Midlands that would actually attend such an event and would any of them be prepared to help organise?

(30-01-2012, 09:27 AM)Jerry1237 Wrote: PJW,

PJW
Actually having drawn a bit of a blank for London, the possibilities for mod1/7 in Birmingham are being investigated- watch this space.....

(30-01-2012, 02:02 PM)PJW Wrote: Possibly.........

(30-01-2012, 09:27 AM)Jerry1237 Wrote: PJW,

PJW
There is some interest in Derby but I am not sure I can manage/provide the event or facilities. If others are interested, please post here and we'll see what we can do. There is certainly interest where I work.
Le coureur
Mod 1 & 7 confirmed BIRMINGHAM, Sat 31st March
Flyer should be sent out today and I'll then post it here: http://irseexam.co.uk/thread-979.html

We are expecting those who attend to have attempted some questions from the 2011 exam papers.

(17-02-2012, 09:13 AM)Jerry1237 Wrote: There is some interest in Derby but I am not sure I can manage/provide the event or facilities. If others are interested, please post here and we'll see what we can do. There is certainly interest where I work.

PJW
The weekend date is confirmed for the Signet event as 14/15 July; details are currently being finalised, but watch out for the flyer in next IRSE News.

Correcting my previous typo; this year it will be a MODULE 3 and MODULE 5 event.
As per 2011, we'll be expecting participants to submit question attempts in advance which we will then discuss at the workshop.

The other remaining events are also looking likely.

(28-01-2012, 01:08 PM)PJW Wrote: Subject to being able to arrange suitable sponsorship and support, this year we are aiming to offer:
Module 1/7 Study Day, London, perhaps 31st March
Module 2&5 Study Weekend, Derby, probably 14/15th July
Module 5 metro training centre day, London, possibly 8th Sept
Module 1 event and visit weekend, Belfast, possibly August
PJW