Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Application- need for SPONSOR
If you are expecting to sit the exam in October 2016 and have not yet applied, here is a reminder that time is running out.  Whereas the deadline to register to vote in the Brexit referendum was recently extended slightly, don't expect that to happen for the IRSE Exam.

Whereas the exam application process itself is all on-line and should only take minutes that is no reason to leave until last possible time.  It is even more important this year, given the need to submit a scanned form signed by your sponsor which has to be manually processed before you proceed with the online booking.  If you attempt to do so, your booking will not be processed but you'll still be charged.  As ever, READ THE QUESTION!

The IRSE's guidance to sponsors is on their website.
The need for the completed form is clearly indicated in red and hyperlinked from the first page of the exam registration procedure, so there is no excuse for not following it.

I attach to this post a document that I was asked to produce as a "good practice" guide to be made available within Siemens to help any FIRSE or MIRSE who may be approached to support a student, but themselves not be very familiar with the exam.   Baring a couple of company references, it is generic and so I am making it available here- it is not part of any formal process and may well need to be adapted to particular situations, but it might be a useful basis on which a student could attempt to persuade a sponsor to support them.

Next year the complete new process comes into force, so for 2017 there will be a form of pre-registration to be undertaken at the beginning of the year.

Attached Files
.pdf   IRSE Exam- advice to sponsors of potential exam candidates.pdf (Size: 129.23 KB / Downloads: 21)
PJW

Messages In This Thread
Exam Application- need for SPONSOR - by PJW - 10-06-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Exam Application- need for SPONSOR - by PJW - 03-11-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: Exam Application- need for SPONSOR - by PJW - 16-01-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Exam Application- need for SPONSOR - by PJW - 16-01-2017, 11:51 PM