Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol 2012
I'm glad to say that the exam centre in Bristol will go ahead again this year largely unaltered, except one of the faces. Andy Scarisbrick will be joining me looking after you this year. Thanks to Andy, the Amey office is available. For those of you who have been to the Bristol centre before, you will be familiar with the drill to get in, but for those who have not, please see the information below.

The office does not have reception cover at the weekend, so on arrival at the back gate in Hawkins Street (which will have a sign on it for the exam centre), you will need to give on of us a call so that we can come and let you in. This map shows the building location. If you use the streetview facility, you can find the entrance gate.

In order to make you day a bit less stressful for you, if you want information on the centre or have questions about what is available and how thing work, please feel free to ask here, or send me a message.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Do you know the locations of the other exam centres. Not so much the buildings but the Cities. I requested Northern England but this is obviously a large area and I might need to start looking for some accomodation for the night before make it a little easier on the day.

Thanks
(28-08-2012, 02:49 PM)Rich Wrote: Hi Peter,

Do you know the locations of the other exam centres. Not so much the buildings but the Cities. I requested Northern England but this is obviously a large area and I might need to start looking for some accommodation for the night before make it a little easier on the day.

Thanks

I am sorry, I don't. You would be best contacting the exam office, although I have come to realise that this part of the process is all very last minute. In the past, I have been able to commit to the Bristol centre (building and personal attendance) well in advance and have made this know to the centre. This time I could not (due to a change of job earlier in the year) and let them know this, but it appears that sorting out the centres is the last admin task that is done after they have the applications in, and the formal request for a Bristol centre has only just been made!

Perhaps anyone who uses this forum who is involved in running a centre (or knows someone directly who is) could start a list of confirmed centres. However, even if we have that, I do not know how a candidate gets allocated to a centre.

Peter