Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stick lock
Hi Signalling Professionals:

Recently, I came across a signalling terminology "stick lock", can anyone define what does it mean ?

and in what situation would the "stick lock" be applied in the signalling design ?

thanks

Not a term with which I am familiar; what was the source which used it and the context.

If forced to guess then I'd assume that it meant an electric lock applied to a mechanical signal lever which permitted the lever to be pulled only the once [#] for every "line clear" of the block section to the adjacent signalbox.
[# or indeed might be configured as "one train" rather than "one pull"].
This is however just a guess in the absence of enough info; does it make sense in the context?

It could be something else such as a "route lock stick" used to impose maintained locking on points & conflicting routes after a train has been routed past a signal........

(18-10-2011, 04:36 AM)onestrangeday Wrote: Hi Signalling Professionals:

Recently, I came across a signalling terminology "stick lock", can anyone define what does it mean ?

and in what situation would the "stick lock" be applied in the signalling design ?

thanks

PJW
Hi PJW:

thanks for your reply. I saw this on the control tables where it has this heading at one of its column. So do you have any ideas when will 'stick locking' be applied into the design of interlocking systems?
thanks
(18-10-2011, 05:39 AM)PJW Wrote: Not a term with which I am familiar; what was the source which used it and the context.

It could be something else such as a "route lock stick" used to impose maintained locking on points & conflicting routes after a train has been routed past a signal........

thanks

Not used on the IRSE suggested CT which has a column for the route locking but nothing explicitly for stick disengagement.

If the CT has entries for a layout included then if
a) for stick disengagement: there would be the ID of the TC OCCUPIEDimmediately beyond the relevant signal (possibly also with berth TC also occupied)
b) for opposing route locking: then there would likely be several rows of entries, each consisting of a sequence of TC IDs required CLEAR, which start at one of the opposite direction signals and listed in the order approaching that of the signal which is the subject of the specific CT.

(19-10-2011, 08:00 AM)onestrangeday Wrote: Hi PJW:

thanks for your reply. I saw this on the control tables where it has this heading at one of its column. So do you have any ideas when will 'stick locking' be applied into the design of interlocking systems?
thanks
(18-10-2011, 05:39 AM)PJW Wrote: Not a term with which I am familiar; what was the source which used it and the context.

thanks

PJW
thanks PJW, I have now gained better understanding on the subject.

(19-10-2011, 08:12 AM)PJW Wrote: Not used on the IRSE suggested CT which has a column for the route locking but nothing explicitly for stick disengagement.

If the CT has entries for a layout included then if
a) for stick disengagement: there would be the ID of the TC OCCUPIEDimmediately beyond the relevant signal (possibly also with berth TC also occupied)
b) for opposing route locking: then there would likely be several rows of entries, each consisting of a sequence of TC IDs required CLEAR, which start at one of the opposite direction signals and listed in the order approaching that of the signal which is the subject of the specific CT.

(19-10-2011, 08:00 AM)onestrangeday Wrote: Hi PJW:

thanks

thanks