Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Q8 Safety Reqs for Trackside Staff Warning.
Have now at last discovered the year in which this question was asked; here is an attachment of the various attempts from some of the London Study Group.

There is definitely some good content amongst it, but don't really feel that anyone really got to grips with the second, and to my mind more significant, part of the question set.

Attached Files
.docx   Answer Q8 re Safety Requirements Spec for TOWS.docx (Size: 421.17 KB / Downloads: 54)
PJW
In order to increase the domain knowedge necessary to be able to tackle this last section, I have added this attachment that should help.

It contains some info about the type which was historically provided as part and parcel of the signalling system; I suspect this was what was in the minds of the examiners when the question was originally set. Also contains some info about a couple of free standing systems that have been utilised in Europe- it seems that the various trials undertaken in the UK were not convincing as not apparently being adopted in more widespread application. There is also a reference to what seems to be an EU initiative to consider possibilities for the next generation.

Similarly I have added a presentation about Safety Requirements; these should together provide the missing ingredients that would enable a good answer to the last part to be constructed when added to the topics covered in the first portion of the question.

(17-03-2013, 11:46 PM)PJW Wrote: Have yet to discover in which year this question was asked, but here is an attachment of the various attempts from some of the London Study Group.

There is definitely some good content amongst it, but don't really feel that anyone really got to grips with the second, and to my mind more significant, part of the question set.

Attached Files
.pdf   Extract re Track Warning Systems.pdf (Size: 2.06 MB / Downloads: 66)
.ppt   Safety Reqs.ppt (Size: 181 KB / Downloads: 43)
PJW