Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Jan 2009 Review of 2008 exam
Here are my notes of the meeting to discuss the October 2008 exam.
Hopefully the examiners' presentation will be added shortly.
The official Exam Review Meeting minutes are produced by the IRSE, but previous experience is that despite the initial draft being produced quickly it can then take a long time to "get through the mill" to be deemed fit for publication. Hence on the 80:20 rule it is felt useful to students to provide this timely, yet unofficial, feedback from my personal view of the proceedings.

Now updated with info from the Mod 2 examiners post meeting.

Attached Files
.doc   PJW Notes 15 Jan 09 Exam Review updated.doc (Size: 79.5 KB / Downloads: 84)
PJW
Thanks Peter,
if I may add for clarity I suspect there's a typo under your notes for module 3, that Q3 should read Q2.

Thanks
Motty Wrote:Thanks Peter,
if I may add for clarity I suspect there's a typo under your notes for module 3, that Q3 should read Q2.

Thanks

You are right- perhaps I made my notes wrong or John A made the error. At least it proves that someone has read it!

Perhaps you get the "smug points" that Peter once offered for a mod 5 calc that noone actually took up!

Also I have been in further discussion with the mod 2 examiners re what they expect re headway calculations which I summarise below:

To further clarify what that the examiners are expecting in the calculations:

[color=#0000FF]They look for evidence that candidate understand the issues to be considered and explain assumptions.
In contrast the experience is that:
PJW
The IRSE's official record of the Exam Review of the October 2008 has now been released; Christine White has sent it with a request to publish on this website. I have yet to do a comparison with my notes already published here; no doubt there will be some subtle difference in emphasis but hopefully not wild disagreement!

Congratulations to Christine for navigating it through official process so that is available in time to be of use for 2009 candidates- I know such things are not always as easy as might appear.

Attached Files
.pdf   2008 Exam Review report.pdf (Size: 57.34 KB / Downloads: 43)
PJW