Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Orange Book
No I am not colour blind I don't mean The Yellow Book!

Orange Book: Management of Risk- Principles and Concepts.

It's not often that HM Treasury give anything away free (unless you are a bankrupt bank that is!), so download from:

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/Search.asp...range+book

Of course the Yellow Book is also available for download free as well from:

http://www.yellowbook-rail.org.uk/the_ye...issue4.pdf
PJW
Thanks for the link. Duly download.
Le coureur
(18-02-2009, 02:28 PM)Jerry1237 Wrote: Thanks for the link. Duly download.

What is an Orange Book ?? Is it something related to the LUL Safety & Risk ??
(03-03-2009, 03:07 PM)jimmyinin Wrote:

Sounds as if LUL refers to it, but wider than just LUL. Dowload it, read it and lets us know the answer to your question!
PJW
(04-03-2009, 07:43 AM)PJW Wrote:
(03-03-2009, 03:07 PM)jimmyinin Wrote:

Sounds as if LUL refers to it, but wider than just LUL. Dowload it, read it and lets us know the answer to your question!

As one who has come across the Orange Book in a previous role, and I am now in the London metro environment I would say yes it is something one needs to be aware of. The full title is self explanatory - concepts and principles of managing risk.

--
Nick
Hi dude,

Thanks a lot for sharing such a good link for the useful book ...
Thank you very much for the links. I've downloaded the blue, yellow and orange books. Is there any other colour i maybe missing!!! Great stuff gents.
(06-03-2011, 05:04 AM)mkhumalo Wrote: Thank you very much for the links. I've downloaded the blue, yellow and orange books. Is there any other colour i maybe missing!!! Great stuff gents.

Not sure which Blue Book you have found; I have yet to discover one particularly relevant to our line of work. There is the one re UK National Statistics as well as many others less relevant; which were ou meaning? Please share the link.

There is a Treasury Green Book that is certainly of some relevance to those of us in the rail industry, particularly wen viewing "the system" on the scale of the entire country and the sub-system requirements that flow from it. Risk is regrded as more fnancial / societial than directly the safety risks which we often consider, but certainly worth a "skim and dip into interesting settions" sort of read. Primarily it is about Appraising Projects.
See http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/data_greenbook_index.htm

For those people still on the old British Rail Condiions of Service re employment rights, the Red Book is very interesting on a personal basis.......
PJW
(06-03-2011, 07:50 AM)PJW Wrote:
(06-03-2011, 05:04 AM)mkhumalo Wrote: Thank you very much for the links. I've downloaded the blue, yellow and orange books. Is there any other colour i maybe missing!!! Great stuff gents.

Not sure which Blue Book you have found; I have yet to discover one particularly relevant to our line of work. There is the one re UK National Statistics as well as many others less relevant; which were ou meaning? Please share the link.

I have often heard the HMR!'s RSPG series (see bottom of the list) referred to as the "blue book" for the relevant area of the railway.
(06-03-2011, 08:00 PM)Peter Wrote:
(06-03-2011, 07:50 AM)PJW Wrote:

I have often heard the HMR!'s RSPG series (see bottom of the list) referred to as the "blue book" for the relevant area of the railway.

Of course! Even though not explicitly labelled as such...
PJW