Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Study Groups
The IRSE's official list of Study Groups has yet to be updated for 2009. Now is the time of year when prospective students should be getting together to organise something; many employers are happy to provide a meeting room at the end of the working day if requested. Some are prepared to go further; I believe the Croydon Study Group will be meeting from 14:00 - 16:00 on Fridays at Caroline House Network Rail (but not restricted to own staff) for example.

I myself will not be running a regular Study Group this year (various reasons including change of employment but also because I feel that they are best run by students themselves); however potentially could do some one-off sessions and I suspect that there are others like me. Hence an organiser ought to be able to put a targetted programme together, without needing to run all (any) of the sessions themselves.

If you think there should be a group in your neck of the woods then please use this website to propose something and investigate if there is any interest.
PJW
Bristol will be up and running soon - focussing on modules 3 and 5.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll pass on more details when we sort a start date.
Hi

I am new to Railway industry. I just wondering, is there any study group in Australia?

Cheers
Andrew
(05-08-2009, 04:40 AM)etts0817 Wrote: Hi

I am new to Railway industry. I just wondering, is there any study group in Australia?

Cheers
Andrew

Unfortunately not as far as I know. However it seems to be that the preferrred methodolgy is via open learning provided by the Central Queensland University; see
previous discussions re this course

Having said that there are a group of three in Brisbane who post their attempted answers in the module 1 area.
PJW