Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study Pack Revision - Call to arms
You may or may not be aware that the IRSE has launched a project to get the study packs updated and issued in an appropriate format. This of course requires input to provide and review content.

In a conversation about this recently, I noted that there are several young engineers who call here or contribute who a) have first hand experience of what it takes to pass the exam, b) views on what was and was not helpful in the study packs and c) ideas on other useful sources that can be included, hence I undertook to post a request for anyone would be willing to be part of the process (to whatever degree). Can you please either respond here or send me a PM so that I can feed this back to the group managing this.

Peter
I am probably not the right person but would be happy to review. In all honesty, I have never seen one of the study packs! Young is certainly no longer branding I can apply!!!

If there is an opportunity to discuss at the Derby weekend, that would be useful.
Le coureur
(30-03-2015, 01:32 PM)Jerry1237 Wrote: I am probably not the right person but would be happy to review. In all honesty, I have never seen one of the study packs! Young is certainly no longer branding I can apply!!!

If there is an opportunity to discuss at the Derby weekend, that would be useful.

I will not be at the Derby weekend, but I know that PJW has been asked to be engaged in the updating endeavour so maybe worth a chat with him there.
(31-03-2015, 07:35 PM)Peter Wrote:
(30-03-2015, 01:32 PM)Jerry1237 Wrote: I am probably not the right person but would be happy to review. In all honesty, I have never seen one of the study packs! Young is certainly no longer branding I can apply!!!

I will not be at the Derby weekend, but I know that PJW has been asked to be engaged in the updating endeavour so maybe worth a chat with him there.

Yes I think the IRSE has not been overwhelmed with offers to undertake, so it is generally the usual suspects. Unfortunately the time I have available has been considerable reduced by the company's policy that staff are expected to drive for hours up and down the county rather than take the train which was time that could otherwise be used productively for a variety of useful tasks.
I also feel that, for a variety of IRSE reasons, that much of the effort I previously made in attempting to keep some of the Study Packs updated was actually wasted, so not overly motivated and held back from volunteering. Despite this last week I was persuaded to do the initial review over the Easter weekend, but whether I'll commit to do more than this I am not so sure.

Had an initia conversation with Helen and Reuben but I do not believe that we have yet got a specific proposed date for the Derby weekend (correct me if someone knows better), but yes there is an intention for late Spring / early Summer.
PJW