Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chippenham Study Group
A Study Group at Siemens Chippenham will be established for 2016 to cover Module 2 and Module 3. It is currently anticipated that we will generally meet on Thursday evenings from 16:00 to 18:00. First introductory meeting on 03/12/15.
PJW
Peter

It is open to all?

For those that don't know, the Siemens offices are off Pew Hill about a 20 minute walk from the station.
Le coureur
(12-11-2015, 11:51 AM)Jerry1237 Wrote: Peter

It is open to all?

For those that don't know, the Siemens offices are off Pew Hill about a 20 minute walk from the station.

The finer points are still to be established; only currently at the stage of getting expressions of interest and diarying some initial introductory meetings (which ironically today I have discovered that I may no longer be able to make- the best laid plans of mice and men......)

I wasn't really anticipating people from elsewhere given the location and timing; whereas places such as London and Birmingham definitely ought to be able to sustain a Study Group across a range of employers, I wasn't actually expecting that people from anywhere else would find Chippenham suitable, although I agree that it isn't far from Swindon. 

If there were to be someone expressing an interest to attend, then I would investigate to see if it could be accommodated from the managerial viewpoint.  Access to the site is certainly one issue (it is actually only 10 minutes walk from the station for those of us with passes,  but visitors have to take the long way via security).

Certainly I see no problem with any Cyient staff (who work in Siemens' site) attending the sessions.
PJW