Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study group for 2018 Exam
Anyone interested to take module 4 exam in 2018?
Is there any study groups for Module 4? If not, anyone interested to start a study group?
(06-02-2018, 11:46 AM)suhanya Wrote: Anyone interested to take module 4 exam in 2018?
Is there any study groups for Module 4? If not, anyone interested to start a study group?

Hi,

I have applied for my membership, and If succesful I'll be attempting the exam this year...study group wouldbe useful!

Are you only doing module 4?
Hi,
I have applied for membership too. I would like to attempt module 4 this year and If I could manage, I may do module 6 as well. Which modules you are thinking to do?
(05-03-2018, 10:41 AM)suhanya Wrote: Hi,
I have applied for membership too. I would like to attempt module 4 this year and If I could manage, I may do module 6 as well. Which modules you are thinking to do?

Im considering studying doing 1, 4, 6 & 7 in one go, but thats maybe a bit ambitious! 

IM just starting to get organised with microsoft onenote and searching & ownloading as much information as I can for now. I'll start extracting key articles soon I think. Its a long time since I was in college so I'll need to adapt to studying again :-(

Do you have a study plan? Are there any groups near you?
I'm also trying to collect learning materials. I got a reply as interested for Module 6 in this forum & I could not find any other potential candidates yet.
There are no study groups for Module 4 & 6. There's a study group for Module 1 & 7 in Chippenham.
Where you are based? Could you please share your contact details? If you are interested, we can form a study group for Module 4&6 and start discuss the study plan.
(10-03-2018, 09:31 AM)RST75 Wrote:

Im considering studying doing 1, 4, 6 & 7 in one go, but thats maybe a bit ambitious! 

IM just starting to get organised with microsoft onenote and searching & ownloading as much information as I can for now. I'll start extracting key articles soon I think. Its a long time since I was in college so I'll need to adapt to studying again :-(

Four modules in a year = extremely ambitious.
Obviously if you have been in the industry for many years you may have a lot of experience.  However many years out of college will mean that you are unlikely to have recent exam experience and probably your brain isn't as young as it was.  When was the last time you wrote almost solidly for 6 hours in a day; forget the mental effort, will the muscles in your arm and hand be up for the challenge?

Chippenham Study Group started looking at modules 1 & 7 in November and on paper it seemed just possible to divide the topics to be able cover both Study Packs in 2 hour weekly sessions up to August; in reality we are not achieving that pace.  Need to leave the last 6-8 weeks for practicing answering questions in close to exam conditions.

Preparing for two modules in a year is a real challenge for most people.  I can only think of one good reason why anyone would want to sit 4 modules in one year and that would be to have a go at getting the Thoroughgood Scholarship- even so the technique would be to study for 2 but don't sit, then study for the other 2 and sit all 4.

If you are only now beginning to get organised, might be best just to start off with one module.  Don't underestimate what is required to pass the exam; each year many do and generally fail
PJW
(10-03-2018, 09:31 AM)RST75 Wrote:

Four modules in a year = extremely ambitious.
Obviously if you have been in the industry for many years you may have a lot of experience.  However many years out of college will mean that you are unlikely to have recent exam experience and probably your brain isn't as young as it was.  When was the last time you wrote almost solidly for 6 hours in a day; forget the mental effort, will the muscles in your arm and hand be up for the challenge?

Chippenham Study Group started looking at modules 1 & 7 in November and on paper it seemed just possible to divide the topics to be able cover both Study Packs in 2 hour weekly sessions up to August; in reality we are not achieving that pace.  Need to leave the last 6-8 weeks for practicing answering questions in close to exam conditions.

Preparing for two modules in a year is a real challenge for most people.  I can only think of one good reason why anyone would want to sit 4 modules in one year and that would be to have a go at getting the Thoroughgood Scholarship- even so the technique would be to study for 2 but don't sit in that year, then study for the other 2 and sit all 4 in the following year.

If you are only now beginning to get organised, might be best just to start off with one module.  Don't underestimate what is required to pass the exam; each year many do and generally fail
PJW
The exam is difficult. It is supposed to be. Physically and mentally, it will tax the individual; the more modules attempted at one time, the greater the effort required but on a progressive scale - it was one of the most demanding things I have ever attempted.

Take PRW's advise to heart. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Le coureur