Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online exams
How did those taking the exam this year find the online process? I have previously hosted a centre so would be interested to find out from those that have done exam centres in the past what their view is of taking things online and which method you preferred.

I am sure that there will be an official review of the process this year and I wonder whether the experience will influence the future of face to face exam centres.
(29-10-2020, 01:28 PM)Peter Wrote: How did those taking the exam this year find the online process? I have previously hosted a centre so would be interested to find out from those that have done exam centres in the past what their view is of taking things online and which method you preferred.

I am sure that there will be an official review of the process this year and I wonder whether the experience will influence the future of face to face exam centres.

Almost without exception, those from the Chippenham group were very clear that they would have greatly preferred a real exam centre.  Their reasons included
A) knowing when their exam time started and was due to end
B) being able to look at the wording of the question whilst writing their answer
C] only seeing the questions in the exam module which they were answering
D) being able to focus on railway signalling rather than coping with the IT distractions
Whatever Blane Judd said in his monthly email, and whilst accepting that the fact that the exam was held at all was a great achievement by those who strived against the odds, from the candidate perspective I don’t think it can truly be called a success.
PJW