Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New starter
Exclamation 
Hi

I have recently enrolled in Module 5 and have received a CD pack yesterday. I have also just joined this forum.

While browsing some of the replies, I came across the news that YM are having a session later this month on mod 5 and I will be very interested in attending. But it is not possible as I am in Sydney, Australia.

I would be rather interested in knowing pre/post information on this session. Is there any way to get this information through this forum or through an email.

Also is there any study group in Sydney where I can join and prepare for exam.

Regards,
Mukund
PJW is organising the mod 5 day. There was a pack of prep work for those attending and I cannot see any reason why you cannot have access to it. The idea of that was for the students to complete before so that it would highlight discussion points and there is no reason that you cannot post things here of that nature for comment.

I am sure PJW will give you more information when he gets the chance.

Unfortunately, the IRSE study group list does not give anything in Sydney. Hong Kong is the closest!
(03-07-2009, 11:19 AM)Peter Wrote: PJW is organising the mod 5 day. There was a pack of prep work for those attending and I cannot see any reason why you cannot have access to it. The idea of that was for the students to complete before so that it would highlight discussion points and there is no reason that you cannot post things here of that nature for comment.

I am sure PJW will give you more information when he gets the chance.

Unfortunately, the IRSE study group list does not give anything in Sydney. Hong Kong is the closest!

The mock paper for mod5 was posted on this site immediately after it was sent to participants and the offer is already there for people like yourself to offer their answers. If you attempt prior to the date then instead of posting in open forum which can immediately be read by others, please use the special "sub-forum" within the "module 5" heading which enables you to "write" but not "read".

Although we have produced (OK let's be totally honest, some are still working on...) answers so that we have something against which to review the efforts, we don't intend to make these widely available so that it is easier for us to run a similar session in later years. However we are currently discussing putting a CD of useful "stuff" together to give out on the day- potentially we could send some of this out to others by email but file size would be a problem for some things but there are ways.

This reminds me however that I was going to do the same for mod 3 and post the Paper on this site but think I forgot to do so; I'll resolve tonight. It sounds as if that event is considerably oversubscribed so some folks in the UK will be disappointed, but should still be given the chance to do the paper.

Re Study Groups- the truth is that there are few really active ones in the UK; this is one reason why Peter and myself are trying this website as an experiment. In Australia I think that the Queensland University course is the thing which serves the need for some and gain a qualification that can give exemption to having to sit the IRSE Exam itself.
PJW