Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Q4 WHOLE LIFE CYCLE COST RAIL v ROAD
Hello,
Do you know what four aspects for the railway's design and operation??

I am not sure the answer for four aspects for railway's design and operation?? please help on it.

Thank you.

Question 4 in 1996
Compare and contrast the whole life-cycle environmental impact of building a new long haul freight railway versus investment in additional infrastructure for road freight to travel over the
same route. [8 marks]
If a new freight railway is to be built, what four aspects of the railway
[quote='oxfordjack' pid='1028' dateline='1254112965']
Hello,

I am not sure the answer for four aspects for railway's design and operation?? please help on it.

Thank you.

Question 4 in 1996
Compare and contrast the whole life-cycle environmental impact of building a new long haul
freight railway versus investment in additional infrastructure for road freight to travel over the
same route. [8 marks]
If a new freight railway is to be built, what four aspects of the railway
PJW
I get the impression that the term '4 aspect' has led to confusion here...
This question has nothing to do with 4-aspect signalling as opposed to 2- or 3-aspect signalling!
-- Perhaps reading the question as "what four characteristics..." would help clarify.
(29-09-2009, 03:58 PM)coomerst Wrote: I get the impression that the term '4 aspect' has led to confusion here...
This question has nothing to do with 4-aspect signalling as opposed to 2- or 3-aspect signalling!
-- Perhaps reading the question as "what four characteristics..." would help clarify.

Valid point; I'd like to think that the IRSE nowadays takes more care re wording of questions so as not to confuse the non-native English speaker. I once helped someone who had been totally offput by the phrase "What approach would you adopt to ...." and couldn't understand what the subsequent question had to do with "approach" in the sense of "approach locking / approach release" or of "adoption" as of children. Little things like this can be very offputting.
PJW