Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nimrod Review
I guess there are not many of us with time to wade through a 587 page report, but I have managed a couple of hours in various sections of (QC) Haddons' ''Nimrod Review'' into the broader issues behind the loss of aircraft XV230 in Afghanistan.

Just about every aspect of risk analysis, reliabilty, failure modes, obselesence, maintainability, procurement, etc, etc, is covered.

The railway Yellow Book is referred to when making parallels with civil and non-airframe accidents.

IMHO its is both an interesting read and relevant background reading.

The report is available for free download here:

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/doc...5/1025.pdf

--
Nick
Hey ...

I downloaded your report ... You have done such a good stuff .. This is an important thing that you have done ... Thanks a lot for sharing such good thing here ...
(11-11-2009, 05:44 AM)steeveshephord Wrote: Hey ...

I downloaded your report ... You have done such a good stuff .. This is an important thing that you have done ... Thanks a lot for sharing such good thing here ...

Hope so.

I was at the IRSE London technical meeting earlier this evening - ''Signalling, Have We Lost The Plot'' by Eddie Goddard, LU.

The subject of this thread - the Nimrod Review - was mentioned in part of the discussion that referred to safety cases. Well, rather more than mentioned, the Nimrod Review was specifically recommended as key reading.

It is interesting stuff, even if it is 500+ pages.

Hope other members will find it useful too.

--
Nick
I feel there are many important messages within the report and many we see every day. How often is the work we carry out a "tick-box" or "paperwork" exercise. Do we really question risks, hazards and their mitigations or just quote PPE as a control?

We are compelled as professionals and obligated by law to ensure a tollerable level of safety is achieved in all we do. Do we need to question everything and challenge those points, especially the minor issues, that we are not sure of or may not be to our understanding? Replies awaited with interest.

Jerry
Le coureur