Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interface between SSI and RR
Hi I am Kannati,

I would just like to know exact interface between the SSI and RRI particularly fringes ?
Kannati,
your question is off topic for this thread, but please post it again as a new thread and I'm sure people will respond.

Also, can you put more detail - I am working on a SSI-like (Smartlock) to RRI fringe at the moment so should be able to help, but what level of detail do you want and how familiar are you with SSI/RRI.
I have split the thread and moved.

As Dorothy says, we do need more detail to respond.

The physical interface is always undertaken by 966F7 relays which have an internal bridge rectifier so that they operate from the 110Vac output provided by the SSI Trackside Functional Modules and then their contacts used within the RRI as required.

For SSI inputs, the contacts of various relevant relays of the RRI are used to switch the coded input into the TFMs (depending where the equipment is situated it might utilise the internal or the external pseudo-random code busbar, single cut or double cut as applicable) which is then sensed by the internal electronics of the TFM and then sent in the serial reply telegram to the central interlocking.

This is a summary of the "standard" mechanics of getting information out and in; precisely WHAT FUNCTIONS are required very much depends upon the scenario envisaged. Hence Dorothy's question to you.

(18-08-2013, 06:00 AM)dorothy.pipet Wrote: Kannati,
your question is off topic for this thread, but please post it again as a new thread and I'm sure people will respond.

Also, can you put more detail - I am working on a SSI-like (Smartlock) to RRI fringe at the moment so should be able to help, but what level of detail do you want and how familiar are you with SSI/RRI.
PJW
Thanks to PJW for sorting out the thread.

To continue
The SSI Signal TFMs are used with the interface relays explained above, and they're generally put together in an interface loc or REB at the fringe, but it can be wherever is most convenient.
The most obvious functions (inputs and outputs) required are
1) lamp proving and aspect sequence related functions (EC/HR/HHR equivilent)
2) tracks clear and/or occupied, especially at the boundary, but further tracks may be required to indicate trains approaching.

If you look at some of the SSI Data Preparation standards you will find some detail about the functions that are most frequently used - have a look at SSI8003-51 (off the top of my head 51B and parts of 51D) The figures illustrate how it is all achieved.

There will often be additional complications - one I'm dealing with now is Axle counters because a lot more information is needed in connection with the Axle Counter reset/restore and Aspect Restriction.
Thanks to Dorothy and PJW for providing more information about interface between two interlocking boundaries (SSI & RRI). If you provide more information i.e cross boundary track issues at relay controlled signals approaching SSI areas and vice versa is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kannati

(18-08-2013, 04:27 PM)dorothy.pipet Wrote: Thanks to PJW for sorting out the thread.

To continue
The SSI Signal TFMs are used with the interface relays explained above, and they're generally put together in an interface loc or REB at the fringe, but it can be wherever is most convenient.
The most obvious functions (inputs and outputs) required are
1) lamp proving and aspect sequence related functions (EC/HR/HHR equivilent)
2) tracks clear and/or occupied, especially at the boundary, but further tracks may be required to indicate trains approaching.

If you look at some of the SSI Data Preparation standards you will find some detail about the functions that are most frequently used - have a look at SSI8003-51 (off the top of my head 51B and parts of 51D) The figures illustrate how it is all achieved.

There will often be additional complications - one I'm dealing with now is Axle counters because a lot more information is needed in connection with the Axle Counter reset/restore and Aspect Restriction.
Is there a specific project that you are working on?

I suggest you start by reading up on "Tollerton" and "Raynes Park" controls. I think SSI8003-51D refers.
(19-08-2013, 08:32 AM)dorothy.pipet Wrote: Is there a specific project that you are working on?

I suggest you start by reading up on "Tollerton" and "Raynes Park" controls. I think SSI8003-51D refers.

As Dorothy suggests, I suspect that the issue that you are referring to is commonly known as Tollerton Controls. Here is a basic description in this RGS document. There are other similar outlines on Simsig and deep in this thread on The Signalbox.