Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Attempt at 2004 CTs Table Format
Toungue 
Peter, or anyone else...

My attempt at the 2004 CT question. I would especially appreciate any comments about the table format - I'm desperately practising trying to do the things faster, so am aware I've left quite a bit of the detail off.

Many thanks

Alasdair

Attached Files
.pdf   AG Answers.pdf (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 51)
Have you forgotten the attachment?

Regards,

Priyank
(08-09-2010, 11:29 AM)priyman Wrote: Have you forgotten the attachment?

Regards,

Priyank

No, but since it was posted in this subforum in which we were attempting to get people submitting work on the same CTs to meet the same deadline for later comparison (which we never actually gor happening in reality), it requires a moderator to make attachments visible which I have now done
PJW
Priyank,
That's what I was going to say... no to be honest I'd forgotten and was wandering where the attachment went myself, thanks PJW.

(08-09-2010, 09:24 PM)Alasdair Wrote: Priyank,
That's what I was going to say... no to be honest I'd forgotten and was wandering where the attachment went myself, thanks PJW.

Brief look at the format of your Control Tables only, not the content against the layout.

Should be
PJW
Thanks Peter,

Excellent advice, and I had spent ages trying to figure out what ARAFOAL stood for - now I know.

Alasdair
(09-09-2010, 08:47 PM)Alasdair Wrote: Thanks Peter,

Excellent advice, and I had spent ages trying to figure out what ARAFOAL stood for - now I know.

Alasdair

Mainly a Britih Rail "Western Region" term
At Red And Free Of Approach Locking
though in SSI data it is just
foal = free of approach locking
but actually means exactly the same as approach locking does require the signal to be proved controlled to red (i.e. aspect relays requiroing a red, but not necessarily proved alight). The thing is in RRI the relay itself must be down proved to make sure it has responded correctly whereas wheter SSI drives a lamp electronically (i.e. not interfaced via a relay) then there is no such need as computers don't fail like that- if there is a fault then it is detected and the TFM shuts down its output interface- which means that a red is illuminated by a diverse path anyway and so therefore it is not an issue
PJW