Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relay standardisation
Hello again all, I have managed to pick up a small booklet which was read on February 16th 1949, and is not to be published before read.

It is titled 'The Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, Relay Standardisation, By J.P. COLEY (Associate Member)

It is actually in very good condition, in consideration of it's age.
I have not had chance to read through it yet, but I am interested in picking up some more items like this and was wondering does anyone know of a source to get them?
(13-11-2010, 09:51 PM)Archie Wrote: Hello again all, I have managed to pick up a small booklet which was read on February 16th 1949, and is not to be published before read.

It is titled 'The Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, Relay Standardisation, By J.P. COLEY (Associate Member)

I have not had chance to read through it yet, but I am interested in picking up some more items like this and was wondering does anyone know of a source to get them?

Sounds like the paper presented at an IRSE meeting and probably the beginnings of the precursor tho the BR miniature relays that are very much in use today.

If you want such information, rather than a physical copy, then I can recommend the "Australian" DVD available for the IRSE with scans of the proceedsings from the earliest days, up until the time that electronic pdf version of the Aannual Procededings were published (can't remmeber when but I think around 1990). Given that the IRSE charge I think
PJW
(13-11-2010, 11:38 PM)PJW Wrote: [quote='Archie' pid='2356' dateline='1289681496']
Hello again all, I have managed to pick up a small booklet which was read on February 16th 1949, and is not to be published before read.

Sounds like the paper presented at an IRSE meeting and probably the beginnings of the precursor tho the BR miniature relays that are very much in use today.

If you want such information, rather than a physical copy, then I can recommend the "Australian" DVD available for the IRSE with scans of the proceedsings from the earliest days, up until the time that electronic pdf version of the Aannual Procededings were published (can't remmeber when but I think around 1990). Given that the IRSE charge I think
PJW