Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete set of RRI circuits
Hello,
I am new here and hope I am posting in the right place.

Would it be possible to get an entire set of British practice RRI circuits(of a single medium sized station) including the locking and selection tables,rack arrangements,etc?

If that is not possible then a set of typical circuits for route setting,locking and signal clearance?

Thanks,
Khalid,
India.
(12-02-2011, 06:18 AM)khalid Wrote: Hello,

Would it be possible to get an entire set of British practice RRI circuits(of a single medium sized station) including the locking and selection tables,rack arrangements,etc?

If that is not possible then a set of typical circuits for route setting,locking and signal clearance?

Thanks,
Khalid,
India.

The UK's infrastructure is owned by Network Rail. Their standards are available through a website which is run by a company called IHS. Unfortunately, there is a charge for subscription. Most of the UK signalling companies will have a log in for it, but one of the terms of use is that the user must not share this, nor pass on copies of standards to others. This is something imposed by NR.

Peter
(12-02-2011, 06:18 AM)khalid Wrote: Hello,

Would it be possible to get an entire set of British practice RRI circuits (of a single medium sized station) including the locking and selection tables,rack arrangements,etc?

Thanks,
Khalid,
India.

Details of the design of circuits is not something which often comes up in the IRSE Exam, but probably should more. I imagine it is difficulty re the range of practices for different sites and to be able to determine the level of understanding of a candidate.
However I think I could come up though with question that involved a circuit with a design fault which had led to some incident that had to be investigated. Could well be a "mod 5" type question so sensible place for you to have posted your request.

However it could also be a mod3 type question and indeed you may find the Principles queries/RRI Notes thread useful. This has some circuit extracts relating to route setting and includes description how these work on a series of Powerpoint attachments. So look at these, see how much they help with what you are after and then post again.
PJW