Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod 3 Mock Exam paper &- feedback at Signet 30-31 July
Those on the YM email list have been sent the flyer for this Mod2/3 Study weekend; a paper copy was automatically included within the May IRSE News for the under 35 membership and sent to those on the YM email list. Also now attached here for anyone who has missed out or has lost it!

The Mod2 content will be based on the 2003 Mainline layout.

The Mod3 content will be based on the attached Mock exam paper; this has been designed in line with current expectations of the 2011 exam format (NB which differs from that used earlier years).
See Mod3 CT Format thread regarding the design of the IRSE's balnk CT layout which we understand will be made available at this year's exam.

Participants at the event will be expected to have submitted in advance a meaningful attempt at either / both of the Mod 2 or Mod 3 papers. If unable to attend the event itself, feel free still to attempt the papers in order to get some emailed feedback upon your performance.

Attached Files
.docx   mod3 2011 mock exam.docx (Size: 97.88 KB / Downloads: 55)
.doc   July 11 YM Signet exam workshop.doc (Size: 921 KB / Downloads: 57)
PJW
Do you have a copy of the mock exam in .doc or .pdf format? I can't open .docx files.

Thanks
(18-05-2011, 11:24 AM)interesting_signal Wrote: Do you have a copy of the mock exam in .doc or .pdf format? I can't open .docx files.

Thanks

I did modify on a computer running Office 2010 but subsequently opened ok on one running 2003; however I remember that it did pause whilst doing a file conversion first. I think you can download aapatch from Microsoft to permit opening of docx but I will attach again having saved in what is supposed to be a 2003-2007 compatible format, so hopefully this will be ok for you.
Unfortunately can't make the attachment from work so will do this evening

PJW
Here's the mock exam in .doc format for anyone else who's having problems reading it.

Attached Files
.doc   mod3_2011_mock__exam.doc (Size: 133.5 KB / Downloads: 75)
(10-05-2011, 08:58 AM)PJW Wrote: Participants at the event will be expected to have submitted in advance a meaningful attempt at either / both of the Mod 2 or Mod 3 papers. If unable to attend the event itself, feel free still to attempt the papers in order to get some emailed feedback upon your performance.

Dear Peter
Kindly send me the layout 3 Module 3 Question paper such that I can solve the Mock Question Paper-2011.
With Regards
Tapas Haldar
(10-05-2011, 08:58 AM)PJW Wrote: The Mod3 content will be based on the attached Mock exam paper; this has been designed in line with current expectations of the 2011 exam format (NB which differs from that used earlier years).
See Mod3 CT Format thread regarding the design of the IRSE's blank CT layout which we understand will be made available at this year's exam.

Participants at the event will be expected to have submitted in advance a meaningful attempt at either / both of the Mod 2 or Mod 3 papers. If unable to attend the event itself, feel free still to attempt the papers in order to get some emailed feedback upon your performance.

Over the next week or so I shall be posting some attempts received, comments upon these and some additional information.

Generally there are not going to be "model answers", primarily because:
a) there is no one right answer to any question,

b) it is the process of producing a reasonable answer to the question set which is what you should be learning, rather than the details of an answer to a specific question,

c) the subjects are so broad that any answer of reasonable length will be incomplete. A sensible length exam answer is typically 3 pages of A4 handwriting (equates broadly to 2 sides of A4 when typed); any answer that does decent justice to the actual question is generally at least twice that length. This clearly cannot be achieved in the exam and is not expected in those conditions; a sub-set is all that is needed. If the subject set had been narrower then an answer would need to encompass "everything" in order to gain the marks from relevant content; having a bigger field within which to gather content makes answering the question easier rather than more difficult.
It would therefore misleading to claim that a "full answer" is a "model answer" since this isn't practicable; conversely a "limited length" answer can only be a part answer and could be misinterpreted by a student who may be familiar with a different sub-set which hasn't been included within it, yet in fact is equally valid.
PJW
(31-07-2011, 11:33 PM)PJW Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 08:58 AM)PJW Wrote: The Mod3 content will be based on the attached Mock exam paper; this has been designed in line with current expectations of the 2011 exam format (NB which differs from that used earlier years).
See Mod3 CT Format thread regarding the design of the IRSE's blank CT layout which we understand will be made available at this year's exam.

Over the next week or so I shall be posting some attempts received, comments upon these and some additional information.

Generally there are not going to be "model answers", primarily because:
a) there is no one right answer to any question,

b) it is the process of producing a reasonable answer to the question set which is what you should be learning, rather than the details of an answer to a specific question,

c) the subjects are so broad that any answer of reasonable length will be incomplete. A sensible length exam answer is typically 3 pages of A4 handwriting (equates broadly to 2 sides of A4 when typed); any answer that does decent justice to the actual question is generally at least twice that length. This clearly cannot be achieved in the exam and is not expected in those conditions; a sub-set is all that is needed. If the subject set had been narrower then an answer would need to encompass "everything" in order to gain the marks from relevant content; having a bigger field within which to gather content makes answering the question easier rather than more difficult.
It would therefore misleading to claim that a "full answer" is a "model answer" since this isn't practicable; conversely a "limited length" answer can only be a part answer and could be misinterpreted by a student who may be familiar with a different sub-set which hasn't been included within it, yet in fact is equally valid.

Kindly attached the written question paper with answer for mock IRSE Exam 2011
with regards
sarvesh kumar
(18-08-2011, 08:04 AM)SARVESH KUMAR Wrote: Kindly attached the written question paper with answer for mock IRSE Exam 2011
with regards
sarvesh kumar

I am not sure exactly for what you are asking- it may be that the information you are seeking is already on the website but you have not found it:

1. The question paper is included as attachment at the commencement of this thread and indeed reposted as a Word 97 file for those that can't cope with a .docx

2. The Control Tables in the mock were from the 2009 layout and some answers for this are given in the Modules 3: Control Table: 2009 portion of the website

3. For the majority of the written questions there are a range of separate posts within the Module 3 Written Questions part of the website; these contain at least one attempt at an answer, with feedback comments included and often also some overall commentary / other attachment giving more supporting information. So generally there isn't just one answer given, but several of varying quality and description about what was good/ not so good about each.

I admit to being confused by your request- if this hasn't resolved it and I have misunderstood what you are after, then post again.
PJW