Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlin Visit Hotels
I have set up this thread for people who are going to attend the Younger Memebers International Technical visit to Berlin. On this thread you can post any request for people to share a hotel with or travel with, make recommendations or any other question relating to the trip.

I would recommend the area called Charlottenberg around Kurfurstendamm Road. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels and the area has good bars, shopping and other entertainment.

The Majestic hotel in this area offers rooms and breakfast at a very goos price.

I would book early as Saturday nights appears to be the busiest night for hotels with people from the country coming for a weekend in Berlin.
As mentioned in my email there are a number of alternative rail routes to Berlin.

1. 08.05 Eurostar to brussels Zuid. there is an hour gap then catch the 11.59 ICE to KOLN. then 34min later the ICE to Berlin. I Think it will be the same train.

The return departs Berlin at 09.48 change in KOLN arrice in Brussels 17.01 for the 17.57 Eurostar arriving London 19.05
DB Uk quoted
As mentioned in my email www.booking.com. or www.laterooms.com are good for booking Hotels, Use www.travelsupermartket.com as guide only to the other sites. The prices on there are often misleading because they are no longer available or a room with shared facilities or breakfast is extra. They often use these purely to drag you to their website. It does give you an idea of the hotels in your budget range. The ones near the airports are of better quality than the ones in town for the same price but it will cost you extra to travel out and back and will take up more time.
As mentioned in my email www.booking.com. or www.laterooms.com are good for booking Hotels, Use www.travelsupermarket.com as guide only to the other sites. The prices on there are often misleading because they are no longer available or a room with shared facilities or breakfast is extra. They often use these purely to drag you to their website. It does give you an idea of the hotels in your budget range. The ones near the airports are of better quality than the ones in town for the same price but it will cost you extra to travel out and back and will take up more time.
I like a drink and Berlin is a great place to go drinking.
There are some very unique bars with a great ambience. I hope we can all meet up on the Thursday night for an informal get to gether in one of them. I am going recce of Berlin to check the final arrangements, plan routes, meeting points and test timings etc in a couple of weeks. I will do some research into suitable bars. If anyone has any suggestions post them and I will check them out.
If you have any other questions relating to the trip either email them or post them here.