Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study Pack
I'd appreciate any feedback on the Module 2 Study Pack, in particular from anyone who has made use of it whilst studying. Feel free to say anything positive or negative, but I am especially interested in constructive suggestions re errors or omissions that could be included prior to issue for the 2009 season.

If you don't want to post here then email or Personal Message me.

Similarly if anyone who is thinking of studying for mod 2 next year is prepared to commit to start looking at the pack and give me feedback whilst so doing, then get in touch. We can arrange how best I can send you sections of the draft 2009 version to review.
PJW
Hello Peter,

Yes you can count me in to review the pack although not sure at this stage if I will sit for the exams.

Cheers
Quote:I'd appreciate any feedback on the Module 2 Study Pack, in particular from anyone who has made use of it whilst studying.....
Similarly if anyone who is thinking of studying for mod 2 next year is prepared to commit to start looking at the pack and give me feedback whilst so doing, then get in touch.......

I believe that I have distributed a link from which to download the Study Pack to all those who have expressed an interest. So if you thought that you had asked but have not received, or if you didn't respond but would want a copy then now is the time to say. The IRSE haven't asked for it yet.

Should also be of some use for those doing other modules, especially Mod 3- particularly the new Appendices on axle counters and ETCS.
PJW
Hello Peter,

Was able to successfully download the new Study Pack this morning.

Any timelines please for the review?

Thank you
Got it too.
alexgoei Wrote:Hello Peter,

Thank you

For 2009 I think that it'll be much as it currently is; no idea when IRSE wants it but I regard it is ready for them when they call. I'll continue to plod on with Appendix V as I get the chance and no doubt might think of a few additions elsewhere. So the review really is by USING this year to modify for 2010. That said if there is anything you notice, let me know so that I can incorporate immediately if the IRSE haven't yet taken it for incorporation in the DVD.
PJW
Hello Peter,

I need the links to download the study packs. Could you provide the links from where i can download them? you can mail me to asifkhan437@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance,
Asif.

(02-02-2009, 12:23 PM)PJW Wrote:

Thank you

For 2009 I think that it'll be much as it currently is; no idea when IRSE wants it but I regard it is ready for them when they call. I'll continue to plod on with Appendix V as I get the chance and no doubt might think of a few additions elsewhere. So the review really is by USING this year to modify for 2010. That said if there is anything you notice, let me know so that I can incorporate immediately if the IRSE haven't yet taken it for incorporation in the DVD.
The IRSE have now placed a pdf of the original 2008 version of the text only portion of the Mod 2 pack on their website along with other study materila that they have deemed useful; see http://irseexam.co.uk/thread-1721.html

(11-04-2014, 08:04 AM)asif khan Wrote: Hello Peter,

I need the links to download the study packs. Could you provide the links from where i can download them? you can mail me to asifkhan437@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance,
Asif.

(02-02-2009, 12:23 PM)PJW Wrote:

Thank you

PJW
Hello all

I am currently studying for module 2 using the study guide provided on the IRSE website in pdf format. However, I cannot get the hyperlinks to work which is extremely irritating. Does anyone know how to either:

a) Enable the hyperlinks in a pdf document?
b) Attain a copy of the study guide in Word format?

Thanks

Ahmed
(27-05-2015, 11:29 AM)TheRailwaySignaller Wrote: Hello all

I am currently studying for module 2 using the study guide provided on the IRSE website in pdf format. However, I cannot get the hyperlinks to work which is extremely irritating. Does anyone know how to either:

a) Enable the hyperlinks in a pdf document?
b) Attain a copy of the study guide in Word format?

Thanks

Ahmed

Hyperlinks in pdfs are often a pain in my experience. Basic pdf makers do to handle them well and it looks as though our friends in the offics have used one that does not replciate them well. I suggest that you ring the office and point it out to them because it is a bit difficult to navigate without them, PJW having gone to all of the effort of doing the hyperlinks in the original.

Peter