Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A3 Paper
I have heard that the London centre did not have A3 blank paper available for answers. I do not know whether this was a "one off" or consistent across all exam centres. Although it had a particular use in earlier years for candidates in mod3 drawing up their own Control Table blanks, it has been pointed out in more than one Exam Review that is also useful for other modules when there are large diagrams to draw or beneficial for a tabular presentation. Therefore it would seem to me that it should have been provided for use by candidates as desired, as in previous years.
I'd be interested to know whether situation affected other centres as well.
Certainly something I intend to take up with the IRSE when a suitab;e opportunity presents itself.
PJW
(06-10-2013, 05:45 PM)PJW Wrote: I have heard that the London centre did not have A3 blank paper available for answers. I do not know whether this was a "one off" or consistent across all exam centres. Although it had a particular use in earlier years for candidates in mod3 drawing up their own Control Table blanks, it has been pointed out in more than one Exam Review that is also useful for other modules when there are large diagrams to draw or beneficial for a tabular presentation. Therefore it would seem to me that it should have been provided for use by candidates as desired, as in previous years.
I'd be interested to know whether situation affected other centres as well.
Certainly something I intend to take up with the IRSE when a suitab;e opportunity presents itself.

In Bristol, we had printed "IRSE" control table sheets which were blank on the back, A3 graph paper (blank on rear), A3 sheets printed with a 3x5cm grid on one side and a border with 10mm reference marks on all edges on the other, so plenty of options. If that was not enough, I would have raided the nearby photocopier to get what ever anyone asked for. We also had doughnuts but the uptake was not great for those in. I guess the nerves meant that thoughts were elsewhere in the breaks.

Peter
At B'ham I saw Control table sheets, and Grid/reference marked sheets at A3. Didn't look for graph paper.

Slightly different gaff at Birmingham though: The invidulators failed to give out the Layout 3 for Mod 3, until I asked and started getting panic-y! I can only assume they thought the layout for Q11 at the back of the paper was it; found and given out before the end of reading time so no harm done - probably.
(07-10-2013, 07:16 AM)dorothy.pipet Wrote: At B'ham I saw Control table sheets, and Grid/reference marked sheets at A3. Didn't look for graph paper.

Slightly different gaff at Birmingham though: The invidulators failed to give out the Layout 3 for Mod 3, until I asked and started getting panic-y! I can only assume they thought the layout for Q11 at the back of the paper was it; found and given out before the end of reading time so no harm done - probably.

Your invigilators were as awake as me then - I am sorry to say that I managed to do the same, but it was sorted right at the start as the candidates checked the paperwork they had been given. Clearly we should get it right and candidates should be bold enough to shout when they think something is not right.