Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Exam
Let us know what you thought of the exam papers this year; where there any surprises?
PJW
(03-10-2009, 07:33 AM)PJW Wrote: Let us know what you thought of the exam papers this year; where there any surprises?

Like no aspect sequence chart to do in module 3? To be fair to the examiners, they have hinted at the last two feedback sessions that there would not always be one and there was a wordy question related to aspect sequences.
Although very challenging, I found the papers to be well thought of and was glad I took them! I particularly enjoyed the classic 2 liner mod 1 question:

"Legislation, Standards etc have had a massive impact on Railway Safety, discuss.."
The TC question in Module 5 was a bit of a curveball as has been intimated on the Module 5 forum. Module 3 dropping two 'standard' questions in the aspect sequence chart AND the calculation/headway type question was a little off in my opinion.
(05-10-2009, 09:19 AM)nthomso3 Wrote: The TC question in Module 5 was a bit of a curveball as has been intimated on the Module 5 forum. Module 3 dropping two 'standard' questions in the aspect sequence chart AND the calculation/headway type question was a little off in my opinion.
To be honest there was no calculation/headway type question last year either. I think that there were very clear intimation that there would almost certainly be no aspect sequence chart question, but yes I am surprised that the calculation question didn't make a reappearance this time around.
PJW