Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Study Groups
The IRSE's official list of Study Groups has yet to be updated for 2010. One thing I do know is the London Module 1 Study Group will continue in existence, meeting at Euston; it would be useful if others knowing of others posted here.

Certainly now is the time of year when prospective students should be getting together to organise something; many employers are happy to provide a meeting room at the end of the working day if requested.

For those who can get to London for the Exam Review on 28/01/10 there is an opportunity to meet up with others.

If you think there should be a group in your neck of the woods then please use this website to propose something and investigate if there is any interest.
PJW
My plan is to offer one in Bristol, but conscious that there are a couple of people from my organisation who are Swindon based who have shown an interest, we are going to look at using the technology at our disposal and try a joint Bristol / Swindon group via video conference. It might all go horribly wrong, but at least we will have tried.

So if you are interested in Bristol or Swindon, please contact me.
Hi Peter,
I would be interested in either Bristol or Swindon as I live near Chippenham.
Does anyone know if Peter Scott is conducting the study group this year for Module 2/3 ?

I know Module 1 would be going ahead @ Euston .. Not sure when they are starting off with ??

Can someone kindly update me ??

Thanks

Regards

Mukul
(02-02-2010, 11:49 AM)jimmyinin Wrote: Does anyone know if Peter Scott is conducting the study group this year for Module 2/3 ?

I know Module 1 would be going ahead @ Euston .. Not sure when they are starting off with ??

Can someone kindly update me ??

Thanks

Regards

Mukul

This Study Group is nothing to do with me but by coincidence last week I did receive the following via a general email within Invensys that originated from Peter Scott who runs the group:

Please note the IRSE study group will re-start on Friday 5th February at Floor 9, Network Rail Offices, Carolyn House, Dingwall Road, Croydon.

The times will be 2pm to 4pm each Friday.

This year we shall be looking at modules 2 & 3, Signalling the Layout and Signalling Principles, which includes Control Tables.

The class is open to everyone, but is structured towards those sitting the IRSE Examination in October.

Homework will be set.

It is hoped people will help each other between classes.
PJW
Two of us got together in Leeds last year and formed an informal self-help group rather than a formal Study group. It looks like something similar will be forming this year with some new people who we will help out. If there is anyone who can get to Leeds and would like help then get in touch. Modules aren't decided yet by the guys sitting this year but are likely to be some or all of 1,2,3,5.

Dan
Thanks Peter for the updates ..

Do you know who is conducting this study group ??

Regards

Mukul
(03-02-2010, 04:05 PM)jimmyinin Wrote: Thanks Peter for the updates ..

Do you know who is conducting this study group ??

Regards

Mukul

Peter Scott (he works for Network Rail)
PJW
Hi all,

A Swindon-based study group has started which meets every Wednesday from 5pm to 6pm and plans to look at modules 2 and 3. The venue is located near the railway station and currently consists of myself as sole participant, though it is linked via video/tele-conferencing to the Bristol study group.

Anyone who is interested in participating can contact me through PM. If the current schedule/exam topics do not suit you then please also raise your preferences with me.

Wishing everyone the best for the coming year.
Milo
Milo Lloyd
Hi,

The Euston Study Group is starting again on Friday afternoon (19th) with a Module 1 meet the examiner session. We will be focussing on Module 1 for the year and there will be sessions every fortnight or so. Last year we generally met on Wednesday evenings. If you are interested then send me a message through the mail button below and I'll add you to the email distribution list.

Simon